Terms & Conditions Capital Office
Terms and Conditions of Website Use and Our Services.
- These Terms and Conditions of Service are published by Capital Office Limited whose registered office is situated at Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. This company is registered at Companies House under company registration number 6294297.
- Capital Office Limited own and operate the website located at yourvirtualofficelondon.co.uk. By using this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read, fully understood and agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions of Service. Should you not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Service then you must refrain from using the site and our services.
- You also warrant that you are aged at least 18 years to use our services. In the event you are below this age, then the written consent and undertaking of a parent or legal guardian will be required.
- We will endeavor at all times to maintain the information contained on our website and keep it as up-to-date and as accurate as possible but do not guarantee that information is wholly complete, reliable or free from errors.
- Use of our website is entirely at your own risk and we will not be held responsible for any loss of data, lost profits or any other related damages whether consequential or inconsequential, resulting from your use of our site or our services.
- We accept no liability in respect of:
(a) any of the content of the Site including any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of any such content and (b) any guidance or other content and information in connection with our services (c) this information on the Site does not constitute any actual advice or recommendation;
- We reserve the right to change or amend these Terms and Conditions of Service at any time and without giving any prior notice to you. We therefore suggest that you refer to the terms and conditions on a periodical basis.
- By using the site once we have posted any such changes, you agree to accept those changes. Our Terms and Conditions of Service were last updated on 08 May 2018.
- If any court or competent authority shall find that any of our terms shall be deemed invalid or unenforceable then that determination shall not affect the rest of these Terms and Conditions of Service.
Site Content & Copyright Statement
- All materials contained on our website, including (but not restricted to) images, data, illustrations, designs, photographs and all other such material are owned exclusively by Capital Office Limited and should not be used or published elsewhere without our express written consent.
- Information provided on our website is completely free of charge but is for information purposes only. You may view and print a copy of website content for your personal use only but may not alter the content thereof in any way whatsoever. Any rights, title and interest in our website content is not automatically transferred to you by copying or downloading any of our material, nor do we deem the information provided therein to be free from errors.
- Failure to comply with this request may result in prosecution, at our sole discretion and we therefore reserve the right to disclose any material which may give rise to criminal liability such as your name, email address or any other related information for this express purpose.
- Should we choose to include links to third party sites on our website then these will not be controlled or managed by us; nor do they represent any endorsement of the site or service.
- In these Terms and Conditions of Service, “the Company” and “the Provider” shall mean Capital Office Limited. “The Customer” and “the Subscriber” shall mean any company, firm, organisation or private individual trading with the Company in accordance with these terms and any other terms of business expressly agreed between us.
Limitations of Liability
- Our website and all its contents are provided by us without any representation or warranty of any kind whether express or implied in nature.
- Capital Office Limited expressly disclaims all express and implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
- Capital Office Limited will not, under any circumstance, be liable to any third party for any direct or indirect damage of any kind. This includes (but is not limited to) any loss of data, income or any other damages of any kind whatsoever arising from use of this website.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Capital Office Limited from any third party claim, action, loss or damages, arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Capital Office Limited reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for any violation of these Terms and Condition of Service including, but not limited to, the right to block or restrict access to its site.
Agreement for length of Service
- An Agreement shall continue from a given period start to period end, unless you have failed to pay any advance fees due. In these circumstances the service will be terminated without notice. Otherwise an agreement may be cancelled by either party and at any time provided that 30 clear days’ notice is given in writing, no refunds will be provided if the customer cancels during the service period.
- We will at all times take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure the accurate and efficient dealing with all communications received on your behalf and that mail is handled in accordance with your specific instructions. These should be clearly detailed on your application form. However, no warranty or liability is accepted by us, our staff or agents in relation to services provided, nor for any losses or damages suffered by you which shall include money, valuables or loss of business, however so caused.
London Address Service
- Should you wish us to include an extra business or personal name for the purpose of receiving emails then this will incur an additional £5.00 (Five Pounds) per name, per month should you have a service that does not include an additional name.
- You hereby agree not to circumvent, interfere with, tamper or re-direct any mail whatsoever which contains the address Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX or any part thereof. Failure to comply with this condition will automatically constitute grounds for immediate termination of all or any services provided to you.
- Any arrangements made for routine posting, scanning or forwarding of messages and/or mail is done so entirely at your own risk. We will not accept liability or responsibility for non-delivery of messages and/or mail.
- All mail and/or deliveries are taken in entirely at your own risk and we will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any losses, shortages or damages howsoever caused. Any packages larger than 300mm x 215mm x 55mm (length x width x height) will attract a surcharge of £2.00 (Two Pounds) per item and we must be notified in writing at least 24 hours before the delivery. Failure of such notification will lead to parcel rejection. A storage surcharge of £2.00 (Two Pounds) per day per item will be attracted for parcels over the given size.
- If you expect to receive large, bulky or heavy items then we must be notified either by phone or email prior to the expected delivery date. These items will be charged at £2.00 (Two Pounds) per day after the first 48 hours, which are free. This charge will be applied until the goods are collected.
- You will pay any subscription fees (together with any special handling charges if requested) in advance, failing which we reserve the right to refuse to handle messages without prejudice to any claim for monies owing.
- With regard to onward mailing services by Us, we declare that once any mail or package leaves our office and is given to the Royal Mail or placed into the appropriate postbox, we shall not be liable for any mis-delivery, non-delivery or delayed delivery. We will not be liable for anything considered ‘lost in the post’. You hereby indemnify us for any such delays or losses caused by Royal Mail or any other mail or package handler used. It is also vital that you keep us updated of the current address to which you require your mail forwarded to. We will only send to the current address we hold on file for you. We will not be liable for any loss or delay if your contact details are not kept current and up to date. It is your responsibility to update us of any changes.
- You also agree to pay the appropriate administration fee as notified on our website for mail forwarding which is equal to the postage cost plus a 100% handling fee.
- You shall notify us, in writing, of any change of address or contact details at the soonest opportunity. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your service if we are unable to contact you in an appropriate manner.
- You are entitled to print our mailing address and/or telephone number on all stationery or other products only during the term of our agreement and your paying for the services being used.
- You agree that you will not use the service for any illegal or illegitimate purposes, and that such uses will constitute grounds for immediate termination of services by us. You also agree to provide us with an acceptable form of ID under any current or future Money Laundering Regulations.
- We will make every reasonable effort to ensure accurate and expeditious handling of mail and/or messages, but no responsibility shall attach to Capital Office Limited or its employees, agents or officers for any damages, injuries or loss howsoever arising or to whomsoever caused.
- We will also take all reasonable steps to ensure accurate and efficient dealing with all communications received on your behalf and that mail is handled in accordance with your instructions. However, no warranty or liability is accepted by us, our staff or agents in relation to services provided, nor for losses or damages caused to you.
- Capital Office Limited do not allow MLR registrations with any of our address services
Registered Office Address
- When purchasing this service, you understand and agree that any mail other than statutory mail from HMRC and Companies House will be returned to sender unless you have also purchased a London Office Address service which is current and active. The registered office service is only permitted to be used at Companies House, it is not permitted for use as an “officers” address listed at Companies House.
Directors Service Address
- When purchasing this service, you understand and agree that any mail other than statutory mail from HMRC and Companies House will be returned to sender unless you have also purchased a London Office Address service which is current and active. The directors service office service is only permitted to be used at Companies House, it is not permitted for use as a registered office address.
Call Forwarding & Mail Forwarding Deposits
- If you choose to have mail or calls forwarded then we will request an appropriate deposit to cover the cost. This fee is non-refundable but may be transferred to a similar service at our sole discretion. You may phone in or call for messages and request the number of items of mail held in your Mail Box provided that you use the telephone numbers issued to you by us for that specific purpose.
- Companies may usually be incorporated within 3 – 8 business working hours. This is prone to Companies House delays, thereby cannot be guaranteed.
- The customer understands and confirms that the information they provided on the order form for the company incorporation shall be submitted directly to Companies House.
Third Party Referral Service
- In which you request bank, third party and/or merchant account via our referral service. By selecting a referral partner, you confirm that you have accepted our terms and give us your permission to share your contact and business information with the third party selected.
- The business bank and merchant accounts are commissioned by and make available by the banks and merchant account providers and prone to the terms and conditions of the third party.
- There is no guarantee offered on our part of acceptance and no assurance are given as to an account will be made available for you.
Commencement of Services, Cancellation and Refunds
- (For UK/ EU Customers only): Under the Consumer contract Regulations (if your signing up for our services is made by telephone, email, via our website or otherwise not in person at our Premises), you are entitled by law to certain refunds and cancellations without any penalty. You are entitled to a 14 days (fourteen) ‘cooling off’ period to cancel your services beginning on the day on which you enter into the contract for supply of our services.
- During this 14 day ‘cooling off’ period you have the right to cancel the contract without giving any reason, and at no cost to you. Under the Regulations, certain transactions and rights are disallowed, namely in the area of time related or ‘Consumable’ Services/ Products. This means that if you sign up and begin using our services (using our address on your correspondence or website or promotional activity), then this shall be construed as commencement of the services. In that instance, no cancellation shall be possible, and no refund shall be given of any fees paid.
Cancellations must be made in writing giving 30 clear days’ notice.
- In the event you cancel your service prior to the expiry date of the contract) then this shall be construed as commencement of the services. In that instance, no cancellation shall be possible, and no refund shall be given of any fees paid.
Identification, Confidentiality and Privacy
- When you purchase services from us your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Service mean you are granting us authorisation to undertake an online credit search with Experian, or any other related credit search. This is for the purpose of verifying your identity to help us comply with money laundering and ‘know your customer’ regulations. To do this, Experian (or a similar agency) will check the information you have provided about yourself with information held about you on public databases. It will leave a soft footprint on your credit search file but this will not have any effect for future credit applications. A record of the search will also be retained by us. Your consumer rights are not affected by our identification process.
- In some circumstances we may be required to obtain two forms of personal identification. You thereby agree to provide us with one photo identification (either a driving licence, national ID or passport) and one proof of address (to be dated within the last three months from an official source such as a bank statement, utility bill or tax statement). In the event that you fail to provide such documentation to us then we reserve the right to cancel the contract without refund of any monies paid to us. One photographic identification; which can be a driving licence, national id or passport.
- Identification can be provided to us in two ways: (a) Bring in person the two requested original identification documents into our office in London. A staff member will then check the documents and sign and date this to verify the identification (b) have the identification certified by a professional person who is not already a friend or a relative of the applicant for example an accountant, solicitor, civil servant etc.
- The certifier of any documents will also need to sign, date and print their name in full on each copied document. They will also need provide their business contact details including address and telephone number.
Our Policy on parcels and large letters
- We require 48 hours’ notice if you are expecting a large letter or parcel. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your delivery as soon as these are known to you.
- When a large letter or parcel arrives we will notify you by e-mail and require collection within 48 hours.
- Should you require us to arrange a courier on your behalf there will be an administration fee of £12.50 which will be added to the courier’s fee and this needs to be paid in advance of collection.
- For parcels up to 45x35x16cm and weighing no heavier than 3kg, we will store these free of charge for 48 hours but will then make a small charge of £2.50 a day for storage.
- For parcels between 45x35x16cm and no heavier than 3kg and 61x46x46 and no heavier than 10kg, we will store these free of charge for 48 hours but will then make a small charge of £4.50 a day.
- We do not accept any parcels over 61x46x46cm or weighing heavier than 10kg.
- If we are not made aware of your delivery in advance then we remain at liberty to refuse your parcel.
Fair Usage Policy
- Our Fair Usage Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may use the phone answering service we provide. Your use of the phone answering service means that you accept and agree to abide by all the policies in this Fair Usage Policy, which supplement our terms and conditions of sale.
- If during any monthly billing period you exceed the terms specified within our Fair Usage Policy then we may terminate your service immediately or, at our sole discretion if we consider it appropriate, we may suspend your service and offer you an alternative call plan applicable to your usage. If having offered you an alternative you do not agree to move to the new call plan we reserve the right to terminate your service immediately. Termination charges apply.
- Your account may be deemed to exceed our Fair Usage Policy If the volume of calls use more than 5% (Five Percent) of our staff’s handling capability. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems which include (but are not limited to) marketing campaigns, complaint diversions, call diverts and other similar reasons.
Feedback and any other suggestions
- Nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude Provider’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Provider to exclude or restrict liability.
- We shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit or revenue, loss or inaccuracy of data, equipment downtime, business interruption or any indirect, incidental, punitive, exemplary, special or consequential loss or damages however arising under or in connection with this Agreement or the Services; and
- Provider’s total liability to the Client in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with this Agreement and the Services, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed £1.00 (one Pound).
- The services are being provided “as is,” without any warranty of any kind. Without limiting the foregoing, provider expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, and including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quality, accuracy and non infringement of third party rights to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Recurring Payments – Continuous payment authorisation
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions means you are granting us permission under continuous payment authority of the card used to purchase the original service (or an alternative one, if supplied), for the following:
- Renewable services – fees due will be processed on the card originally used to purchase the service (or an alternative, if supplied) on the date of expiry. Notice will always be given in advance of expiry date of our intention to take payment, and you will have the right to cancel the service.
- Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable VAT (in effect on the day of purchase).